Thursday, April 16, 2009

spring returns

i doubt we'll meet again
as you are headed that way
and i've been going this way for some time

i doubt we'll meet again in the spring as we once did
pressed upon by the santa anas
nearly naked in the heat

i doubt we'll ever meet that ropeswing again
at least i doubt our hands will curl around it at the same time
our feet wrapped around the knot that trails through the water
as it sways

springs returns
as it has done
as it does despite the fact

that every time i feel the sun touching my shoulders
or my hands

i think i cannot stand it
it is too much like you
too much like the way you touched me when we both could understand

why it shone so bright

1 comment:

Variable said...

This is so nice. I really like it! Spring imagery is inspiring. I'm glad it's finally here.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive