listening to sharon van etten's album 'because i was in love' is like hearing the sounds of an unlit attic with one little shuttered window. sometimes i find it melancholy. but it is more that the songs are very fragile.
"Bet you don't remember how we met. That's okay, it hasn't yet. Although we had the same dream." -sve
it always felt lonely to be this shade. the shade of
clouds. the shade of moths
when i found out
there was to be no forgetting
blue is the color. gauze the disguise.
the weight of seasons in my eyes
it is because i am from the water
and water is heavy to bear
as its purpose is not to be borne
it is because i feel the sea
and it pulls at me as if with strings
and wants to remind me of home.
blue is the color of
slow and somehow
tidal in its ways
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- after rain i want to know how smoky it can grow in...
- there were stars tonight among clouds i felt th...
- my ladies
- this season does not belong suspended above a divi...
- listening to sharon van etten's album 'because i w...
- light my pyre As spring ascends I recall ...
- ernestine (batastini) hummel
- on the beach I was raised by the sea shore, and e...
- adeline gilchrist (right) and her sister. the hump...
- the lady of the lake has been called by so many...
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2009 (46)