morphine May, you came like a lover from the ether
of everything i had yet to come to know
but once introduced i found you irresistible
a hot and sweating fever high and a delirious joy
in bed i would lay and sweat out my weight
until i was only one body made only of one thing and that thing
was all the elation for
life friends love the cosmos music mystery and the human heart
that had been gathered by my own hands as time
and how when the day was warm and life was simple i
could morphine the hours away
i remember much
i remember time falling like feathers
all around in a beautiful universe
as little as my bedroom and as big as
the constantly pulsing undercurrent of love
that i'm so tentative but faithful exists
now let me lay beneath that heavy air again
that air heavy with a sweet and reliable promise
dont worry darling you'll be alright
dont worry darling
see how right it already is?
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- ► 2009 (46)
- the tea bag is where i left it on the kitchen coun...
- morphine may
- christmas takes the prize i hate it most serves o...
- hit or miss
- lately i have been i think, too absorbent of the...
- these, the things nearest to me lately musty ince...
- it's december, brian jones my favorite Stone is ...
- I always think that it will be the last time i wri...
- ▼ December (8)