Sunday, April 6, 2014

Berkeley Marina

At the Berkeley Marina

Love lost is love gained for this flawed vessel,
and if this is bad, this is not so bad
after all.

No one knows it but I'm as vicious as some
animals. I have the vicious will to love my neighbor.

No one knows it but I'm largely obsidian,
largely water. I am unbound and I expand,
like every universe.

Don't see my love as something which falls generously from the sky.

Don't see my love as a resource sucked from the ground and piped through systems.

Don't see my love as a pressure on your uncovered head.

See my love as the deepest lake of the continent.


My love is the deepest
lake of the continent.
It doesn't belong
to anyone at all.
It is entirely earthbound.
I am not even mine.

I think now that it is very hard to be anyone at all, which
I have thought before.

But I can only speak for myself. And

I will live fearlessly and like a child.
Be bitten by dogs.
Put my hands on hot things.
Pet cacti. Bark my knees.
Get burnt by the big sun
on long new days

And if this is bad, this is not
so bad after all.

This is just life. It's a
complicated organism.

And I'm one woman

negotiating an exploding star  

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive