1 train wreck
I know myself to be a train wreck now, a train wreck to the core
and i can be in a roomful of beautiful people but still look toward the door
only wanting to slip away to my room and listen to the night moan
i seek a cold and smooth stone to lay my body down upon
to dissolve into the night
i would adore
to be stronger than my wayward, flailing heart
i've got to try
2 Four minutes
I only have four minutes
four precious minutes, fleeting and incorporeal and green
i've just lost three of them in looking out the window and seeing
not yellow daisies, honeysuckle and dead vines
but a different view entirely, in my folly
the four minutes have passed
yet i remain optimistic:
i no longer care about the time. i care only about the song. i care only about the song: the way it aches in my chest, the physical pain of beauty
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- I. I am not going crazy this morn...
- from somewhere this sadness rose in me like moss, ...
- i don't ever want to scratch the surface of the co...
- 1 train wreck I know myself to be a train wreck ...
- head full of snow
- asleep and dreaming
- it's a face i want to turn to me with all the warm...
- half my heart
- 'he's a rebel, and he'll never ever be any good.' ...
- ▼ June (9)