i don't ever want to scratch the surface of the comprehensive history of lovers. even when, in the night, i turned toward the window and saw the ghost of
her all in blue, my great grandmother
i knew that she didn't belong and that all must lie after a time
sleep is what we all have to do, i said to you
you agreed it was true. you were glad it was true
and it all made me glad for you,
so i sit frightened now.
these days i speak a different tongue, i want to sew myself into the hems of silence,
blow my warmth and my wishes into stones;
i never had a tiger's eye til yesterday. this tiger's eye my mouth: now i need to crush it small, pulverize it to dust to set drifting in my blood, i will be strong
summer solstice come and gone yet only just begun. and i must let that wrap me in its long arms, and i must let that make me feel i have a friend
that there is still the best thing left, the only thing
still time. fibrous and foliated and sometimes, on a good day
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- I. I am not going crazy this morn...
- from somewhere this sadness rose in me like moss, ...
- i don't ever want to scratch the surface of the co...
- 1 train wreck I know myself to be a train wreck ...
- head full of snow
- asleep and dreaming
- it's a face i want to turn to me with all the warm...
- half my heart
- 'he's a rebel, and he'll never ever be any good.' ...
- ▼ June (9)