set free by love, like aretha
by the cigarette in his mouth
by his mouth as he'd sing
driving north on the 1
to his house
in the heat
glasses secured with dental floss
fingers tuning strings
i miss half my heart
tucked in his glove compartment
half my heart
next to a carton of disintegrating chesterfields
half my heart loyal to our love only for the classic
only for each other
only for the summer
my compass points irreversibly toward
still the north star, still the sun
still the brightest thing i've ever seen
still my best friend, still my only friend
still mine and
the best thing perhaps ever to happen to me
still half my heart
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- I. I am not going crazy this morn...
- from somewhere this sadness rose in me like moss, ...
- i don't ever want to scratch the surface of the co...
- 1 train wreck I know myself to be a train wreck ...
- head full of snow
- asleep and dreaming
- it's a face i want to turn to me with all the warm...
- half my heart
- 'he's a rebel, and he'll never ever be any good.' ...
- ▼ June (9)