Saturday, June 27, 2009
I am not going crazy this morning, the ocean to my right, those crumbling cliffs to the left. i am only tired, so tired. Rusting signs nailed to driftwood posts proclaim quarantine statistics, tired. Train tracks run along the bridge, splintering, creaking, tired. In less tiring times, in our youth we'd climb like fugitives up its scaffolding and inch our bodies onto the huge cement blocks that kept it grounded in the sea. a six pack of something cheap in cans suited then wonderfully. the cigarettes were marlboros. Even then I might have seen, my palms foretold it in their lines: tired. The ground shakes with the passing of the train. No passengers, just unidentifiable freight. and an egret suddenly midflight.
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- I. I am not going crazy this morn...
- from somewhere this sadness rose in me like moss, ...
- i don't ever want to scratch the surface of the co...
- 1 train wreck I know myself to be a train wreck ...
- head full of snow
- asleep and dreaming
- it's a face i want to turn to me with all the warm...
- half my heart
- 'he's a rebel, and he'll never ever be any good.' ...
- ▼ June (9)