Shake shake. When I shake such tiny shakes so incessantly is it just one shake? There is a town along the 101
I’ve wanted to go there for a few years, because it is the earthquake capital of the United States. The Earth shakes there every forty minutes. There is evidence to suggest that I was not born in this town. It has no hospital. It isn’t on my birth certificate.
But further evidence suggests that I am this town.
And through my stunned and dilated pupils, Small Things Seem Huge.
The town shakes because it lies directly on a faultline, like a tired girl who can’t run any more, so she lays down in the burrs and sand, survives on succulents, she lies and moves her limp arms only slightly and very infrequently.
I feel inclined to say that this girl is not me, because I am never running. I’m asthmatic and sedentary, the silt at the bottom of a tepid lake, I do not run. But that is
It is not true,
I do, I run,
I run in frantic circles.
And I shake, I shake in frantic fear of loss.
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- "Are you that old?" "Oh yes, I am."
- You smell like ink and cigarettes
- tears in the typing pool
- Holding on to you holding on to me Holding on tig...
- floating in some unconscious lymph
- i see
- and now, some photos i did not take.
- and no, i don't want to say goodbye. -- allison hu...
- it began with the laughter of children, and ther...
- my heart is too big. let's shrink it, or cut some ...
- marked drowsiness
- look for me, i'll be around
- dear sweet sweet love
- me = you
- impatience a sickness wakes me early in the mornin...
- shake shake
- 2-4-12 Sunny day Saturday
- shiva's pics
- the day we got eno shirts
- and dream of sheep
- during the day i think about things like the futur...
- shadow puppets
- ▼ February (30)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- ► 2009 (46)