i'm half sleeping, exhausted, a flower between teeth
dried and dying carnation
i've been waking up to broken petals in my bed
dark and bloody red against my purple sheets
i dont know where they came from, floating round
in my dreams i speak another language, older than the languages that we together know, mine counting hardly for anything; your coin is worth more than my own to me
this habit will make me poor, i expect
very poor in the long run
but i know i'll wear it willingly
and make it mine
you've never minded my silk scraps anyway
never minded my frayed edges
tired beyond time
in my dreams i speak another language; silence, and eyes. it's easy to be fluent
to be eloquent, in dreams
it's all as mysterious as time
a bloody flower forming that long line, across a pale mouth
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (119)
- all there is to me now is bleached by the sun and ...
- time has told me you're a rare rare find. a troubl...
- aid to veterans thrift is where i like best to be....
- i will write myself through this and emerge slight...
- when i was thirteen i began listening to billie ho...
- dont fall off the face of my earth; i am not the...
- my mind wont sit still, i'm as i ever was : in a...
- my pile of stones is growing and so is this feelin...
- it's all coming down
- how provocative
- I. summer feels strange, and it feels strange beca...
- ▼ July (13)