it was hard to understand the words wasn't it?
it wasn't the way it was when we sat by the shore.
i drove to my grandma's for bourbon and company.
i wanted to holler out every window.
i wish some things were different i guess.
my head is still my head.
i feel vaguely that i had at some point believed i'd changed.
but i haven't changed.
perhaps i am the unchanging girl.
deserving of a cage and a carnival show.
all i do is grow a little older and a little wiser
in a way that is easy to see but tough to stick to.
i am trapped in a grey dream and i like it here.
i want the sun to stay invisibly hidden.
it suits my bruises and my confusion.
though if i said i didn't know what i meant i'd be lying.
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (60)
- moving on out
- dappled day you have restored me to myself it seem...
- the question game
- it was hard to understand the words wasn't it? it...
- at the bottom of my cracked well is poisondrugged ...
- August Musings
- a fool such as i a game of form I am indeed ...
- the house of cards crumpled and flew nearly silent...
- words flail half formed and stop short of my tongu...
- ' all right, since it's a fair fight i'd say it's ...
- Quiver in your bed like a leaf, That's what you're...
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2009 (46)